First, let me say this... we are NOT a childcare facility... we are a full-blown Martial Arts Leadership Academy. Our Kickin' Kids After-School Program and Summer Enrichment Program involves Martial Arts and physical training. We do not offer child care. We are not a daycare center. We focus on enrichment, empowerment and personal development through applying the tenets of martial arts.
Just fill out the application and we will contact you right away! You'll have an opportunity to set up a tour of our facility and meet our Team.
Character Development and Life Skills are an integral and important part of the martial arts. We don't just teach kicks and punches, we teach our students how to become leaders in the community. Leaders are victors, not victims I look forward to meeting you and your family!
- Nick Dreiling
*Featured in the Best Selling Book Series, BULLYPROOF
Our 5000 square foot facility has two martial arts training floors, a game room with Air Hockey, fooseball, ping pong, pool table, rock-climbing wall and Wii gaming system for those active technology lovers.
We have legos, nerf guns, tons of sports equipment, art supplies and a media center for movies.
In addition, we have a backyard outdoor play area with a climbing dome and swingset. We also have a small basketball court and a soccer goal.
We have a class pet, a bearded dragon named Spike. The kids really enjoy learning to care for him.
We have many more future plans for our facility. The goal is safety, fun and enrichment. Your child will LOVE the Kickin' Kids program. Many children are disappointed when they have to leave and go home!
We Teach Life Skills!
The skills your family will get
from our programs at Coastal Kenpo Karate and Martial Arts will go far
beyond kicking and punching. Our Life Skills Program will give your family tools to help to understand the value and importance of the following character traits and life skills:
Charity and more...
There are lots of After School programs... What makes you so special?
Your child's school may have an afterschool option available. Why should you consider an outside program as opposed to the one your child's school is offering? A valid question. Consider this... your child is at school all day, and then... 4 more hours of afterschool... sitting in the cafeteria and doing basically nothing. Plus, once you've picked up your child, it's time to cart them all over kingdom come for their extra-curricular activities.
When you choose us, all of those concerns are addressed. Your child has some constructive play time, social time, homework and reading time and by the time you've picked them us, they've enjoyed a fun, character-building self-defense class two to three days per week!
It's a win, win no brainer!
Will my child arrive safely?
SLED background checks, clean driving records and random drug testing will ensure your child is being transported safely. In addition, our fleet of vehicles are inspected daily and are subject to quarterly mechanical service.
We have back up options as well, in case we have a mechanical failure. rest assured, we've got you covered!
What will her day look like?
1. We will pick up your child at school and bring them to our awesome karate studio in Goose Creek.
2. We provide some fun recess and game time for your child to be a kid, build healthy friendships and even to learn how to handle conflict in a healthy way.
3. Then it's time to have a healthy snack (provided for them) while they work on completing their homework assignments. If your child doesn't have homework, we suggest they bring a book or two... READERS ARE LEADERS.
4. Every month, we have a specific character lesson that will help your child to become a better version of themselves , i.e. goal-setting, perseverance, resilience, etc.
5. Your child will enjoy two Karate classes per week and will have additional time to practice what they've learned. Our program is self-defense and reality based, so your son or daughter will learn proven methods of real self-defense.
6. All Belt testings are included in your weekly tuition.
7. We include AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE early dismissals, teacher work days and fall, winter and spring breaks. See our schedule for any closings.
8. After-School students enjoy first come, first serve for summer camp openings.
9. After-School students enjoy the same privileges and opportunities for advancement, recognition and leadership roles as our evening martial arts students.
10. After-School students will also have access to (at no additional charge) our Saturday morning classes. This way, moms, dads and grandparents will be able to watch the occasional class to keep abreast of our student's level of progress.
PS. This is not one of our buses. ;)
What features set yourself apart?
How do I get started!?